Monday, December 21, 2009

When can you use Advice Or Advise in a sentence?

Advice is a noun, advise is a verb.





';She gave lots of helpful advice.';





';He advised them not to try it.';When can you use Advice Or Advise in a sentence?
When you refer to giving appropriate information, use ';advise'; (verb) as in: ';I will advise you as to what to do.';





When you refer to the appropriate information which is given, use ';advice'; (noun) as in ';The advice was to wait until you were called.';When can you use Advice Or Advise in a sentence?
ADVISE: To offer advice to; counsel.


To recommend; suggest: advised patience.


Usage Problem. To inform; notify.


[You should advise your friends that the date of the picnic has been changed.]





ADVICE: Opinion about what could or should be done about a situation or problem; counsel.


Information communicated; news. Often used in the plural:


[I need advice.] [Advices from an ambassador.]
When you want to give someone a suggestion or a thought you give your advice. It may not always be good advice though.





';Let me give you some good advice.';





When you want to warn someone to not do something then you advise them not to do it.





';I advise you to be more careful.';
Advice is recieved from another, as in 'Thanks for the advice', while we advise another, as in 'I'd advise you not to drink that, it's terrible!'
Advice = noun


Advise = verb





I want your advice on what school to choose.


I advise you to explore many options.
Advise is the proper term.
Advice is what's given : Let me give you some advice, sweetie


I need some advice, please?


Advise is what's doing: I'm going to advise you about that relationship, sweetie...


If you want my advice, I would advise you find another...
the word advice is used as a noun or adjective in English grammer and advise is used as a verb.So you must use advise as an verb in sentences for example .: '; he advised me not to do somethig wrong'; 谋f we give an instance the usage of advice as a noun '; Mumy please stop giving advice to me all the time! '; So advice is used here as an noun. You see it is very clear advice can be used as a noun or adj and advise is a verb thats the difference.....
Advice is something you receive or give-- ';I would like your advice on which movie I should go see.'; Advise (the s is pronounced like a z) is an action word-- ';Would you please advise me on which movie to go see?'; or ';I wouldn't advise you to swim there unless you've had lessons.';
Advice is a noun, advise is a verb. Use accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment