Monday, December 21, 2009

';Please advise me'; or ';Please advice me'; - Which one is correct?

Some people are using ';advice';. Is it correct?';Please advise me'; or ';Please advice me'; - Which one is correct?
advise


v. counsel, offer guidance; notify, inform





advice


n. counsel, guidance; information; official notification





';Pls advise (v) me'; is correct one.





';I need your advice(n)'; is correct.';Please advise me'; or ';Please advice me'; - Which one is correct?
';Please advise me'; is correct.





Advice is a noun; it's what you get. Advise is a verb, which is what you do when you give advice.





You may also have noticed there are a lot of spelling mistakes, typos, and slang spellings around here.
Please advise me by giving me advice.





Advise is a verb.





Advice is a noun.
please advise me... as in ';Please advise me of a better English teacher I can study under in the future.';
Advise is a verb, Advice is a noun. Correct usage would be:





Please advise me.





or





Please give me advice.
Please advise me.
please advise me

No comments:

Post a Comment