Monday, December 21, 2009

ANY standing bass advise or bass guitar advice?

Next year i'm going to be in my highschool's jazz band. I'm planning take over the bassist that just graduated this year and need to get alot better this year.





I have the basics:


-I know how to read bass clef.


-I can figure where the notes or on the neck, but it takes awhile


especially with high notes like D E F on the G string


-I am not to hot with rhythm as far as i can go i can last through a walking bass line but thats pretty much it.





What i want to do is get better over this summer especially with getting to notes faster and reading my rhythms better.





Any advice like free online websites or a recommended book?





I have both a standing bass and a bass guitarANY standing bass advise or bass guitar advice?
I'm a beginning bassist too! For books, I recommend anything about bass method, and also keep in mind that music takes a lot of counting and understanding of patterns.Get down your first position notes first, and then try some second third and fourth position stuff. Just take it slow, and practice a little each day. Also get get song-books by your favorite bands so that you have something to aspire to. :D
  • cream tones
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment