Monday, December 21, 2009

Is it good English : 'I am unable to provide correct advice or advise you whether...' ?

';I am unable to provide correct advice'; is not good English because the word 'advice' is inconclusive.


You could say either ';I am unable to give advice......';


or ';I am unable to advise you whether........';Is it good English : 'I am unable to provide correct advice or advise you whether...' ?
Looks good - Advice is a noun, Advise is the verb.





A person receives advice but advises someone elseIs it good English : 'I am unable to provide correct advice or advise you whether...' ?
Perfect
advice
yep that's ok!
It's not technically incorrect but it's bad style because it's redundant.
Looks good to me.....
I think a better and simpler phrasing is:





';I am unable to provide you with advice on this matter....';





OR





';I am unable to advise you on this matter....';





Hope this helps!





Jesus saves!
  • cream tones
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment